What is more appropriate time to travel then – when the bells are jingling and when there is aroma of fresh beginnings in air. So, we set to explore two beautiful cities of Rajasthan, India.
We took a train from our hometown to Jodhpur. Our hotel was Marvel Umed Hotel, located within the heart of old city. The hotel was styled to reflect local heritage though it lacked in many basic amenities such as comfortable bed, tea kettle etc. Since we reached in evening and all attractions open 9am-5pm, we started exploring the city next morning.
Blue City : Jodhpur
- Umaid Bhawan Palace – Ranked among world’s top hotels, it was a sight to view the beautiful palace. The adjoining museum to hotel is open to general public. The museum is also quite beautiful with depiction of life of royal family.
- Mehrangarh Fort – One of the largest forts of India, this attraction has a build up of pathways inside it showcasing past of royalty. There is perfect opportunity to capture the quintessential “blue shot” at the top of this fort.
- Jaswant thada – Very close to Mehrangarh fort, Jaswant thada serves as memorial for departed Kings.
- Mandore Garden – Spread across massive area, it has a mixture of garden, architecture and a temple. it is very soothing to take a stroll in the Mandore Garden alongwith catching glimpses of interesting structures. however, there is no lighting, so should be avoided in evening.
- Ghanta Ghar – Most known market of city, it is also known as the clock tower. It was built by Maharaja Sardar Singh, thats why it is also called as Sardar Market .
City of Lakes : Udaipur
It takes 4 hours to reach Udaipur to Jodhpur by bus. There are many wonderful properties in the city though we stayed at Treebo Park Classic due to rush.
- City Palace – The main attraction of Udaipur, it is a palace complex showcasing contributions from several rulers of the Mewar dynasty.
- Lake Pichola – It is an artificial fresh water lake that is adjoining to City Palace. The boat ride on this lake offers the path to Jag Mandir.
- Jag Mandir – Located in middle of Lake Pichola, Jag Mandir is reachable thourgh a boat ride from City Palace. It is a popular wedding destination for celebrities.
- Bharatiya Lok Kala Mandal – It showcases puppets and folk art of Rajasthan. The special feature of the place is its “Puppet Show”. It has 1-hour-long puppet shows in afternoon and evening.
- Saheliyon-ki-Bari – A layered garden, it has various junctures of garden, each depicting a scenario. Quite serene, it is good for walk among the nature.
- Fateh sagar Lake – Named after Maharana Fateh Singh of Udaipur and Mewar, it provides tourists to go for speed boat ride, motor boat ride or water scooter ride.
We ended by gorging on Typical Rajasthani food at Traditional Khana, ready to welcome the 2018.